NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR INVESTIGATOR/PARALEGAL OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2015
Nov 3, 2014
Do you know an Investigator and/or Paralegal in your office that you believe should be rewarded for their commitment, compassion, and professionalism? The NDIA Awards Committee is encouraging members to nominate those who have demonstrated such outstanding service so that the NDIA can acknowledge them for their hard work and dedication.
We know that there are several Investigators and Paralegals who are worthy of being nominated for this award. Please nominate an NDIA member that you believe should be acknowledged for their exemplary work in the defense of the indigent and deserves to be recognized as the next Investigator or Paralegal of the Year recipient.
Criteria for Investigator / Paralegal of the Year
The nominees must:
1. Be members of the NDIA in good standing
2. Perform their duties in defense of the indigent in an exemplary manner with dedication, patience, persistence, professionalism, creativity, ingenuity, and ethical integrity
3. Submit a letter of nomination by an NDIA member, supervisor or an attorney from their office
4. Submit two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with their work other than the nominator
5. Have all the required information to the NDIA Awards Committee Chair by March 1, 2015.
In the selection process, the Awards Committee Chair will confirm that the individuals nominated are members of the NDIA in good standing. The Awards Committee will then be provided with all the information received of the Nominees. The Awards Committee will review the letters of nomination and other recommendations. They will then submit their own individual votes to the Awards Committee Chair. The Awards Committee Chair will provide the names of the winners to the Board Liaison at least 30 days before the National Conference. The announcement of the winners for the Investigator / Paralegal of the Year Awards will take place at the National Conference in Seattle, 2013.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please contact the NDIA Awards Committee Chairperson, Matt Whalen at (203) 503-6818 (State of CT Public Defender Office) or via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit all nomination and recommendation letters to the following address:
Office of the Public Defender
Courthouse DEADLINE: March 1, 2015
235 Church Street
New Haven, CT 06510
Matt Whalen, Committee Chair
NDIA Investigator / Paralegal of the Year Awards Committee