Training / Conferences
The NDIA is the world leader in indigent criminal defense investigator training, with members from the U.S, its territories, Canada, and Europe. It continually evolves to meet the needs of the ever-changing world of criminal defense, offering training not only to Investigators, but to Paralegals, Mitigation Specialists, Private Investigators, Social Workers and even some Attorneys as well.
You do not have to be a member to attend Conferences, but you must be employed in the area of indigent criminal defense investigation. We offer training in all areas of criminal defense investigation, including, but not limited to:
- Crime Scene & Accident Reconstruction
- Report Writing
- Records Retrieval
- Mitigation & Sentencing Advocacy
- Forensic Sciences (e.g. Ballistics, Fingerprinting, DNA, Trace Evidence, Tool Marks, Bite Marks, etc.)
- Specialized Investigations (e.g. Homicide, Rape, Gang, Drug, White Collar, etc.)
- Technology (e.g. computer, cell phone, website forensics; cell phone records and triangulations; etc.
- Internet Resources
- International Investigations
- Social Media and Networking (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Video Sentencing Preparation
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Innocence Project Advocacy
While we train state and local indigent defense professionals too, the NDIA works closely with the Federal Public Defender System in order to offer Federal Training Tract topics and updates on federal legislation.
And, while you learn at the conference, you will also have unlimited opportunities to network with hundreds of the best criminal defense professionals in the business. While you are there think about joining the NDIA and becoming a member of the best indigent criminal defense investigator organization in the world.